The Foundations Aims
The objectives of the Foundation are:
- To support individuals and families affected by dyspraxia.
- To promote better diagnostic and treatment facilities for those who have dyspraxia.
- To help professionals in health and education to assist those with Dyspraxia.
- To promote awareness and understanding of dyspraxia.
Each year the Foundation answers approximately 10,000 enquiries and distributes more then 20,000 leaflets about the condition. The Foundation seeks every opportunity to increase understanding of dyspraxia, particularly among professionals in health and education.
The Foundation is run by fewer than six full-time equivalent paid staff and is supported extensively by volunteers. Its work is funded entirely by voluntary donation and membership subscriptions.
What else do we do?
- Publish leaflets, booklets, books and guides for parents, those who have dyspraxia and professionals.
- Organises conferences and talks about dyspraxia and related topics for parents, carers and professionals.
- Supports a network of local groups across the United Kingdom.
- Supports a group for adults who have dyspraxia.
Become a Member
Members of the Dyspraxia Foundation receive:
- The opportunity to join a local support group
- Access to member only pages with many benefits including factsheets, videos and publications only available to members
- A monthly e-magazine
- Professional members receive an annual journal
- The Annual Report
- Reduced rates for the Foundation’s publications and events
For more information on membership contact the Foundation:
Admin: 01462 455 052
Fax: 01462 455 052
or download the membership form here