The Dyspraxia Foundation is a small charity with a big heart, helping people around the world…
If you like this article? Why not share it with your friends…
The objectives of the Foundation are:
- To support individuals and families affected by dyspraxia/DCD.
- To promote better diagnostic and treatment facilities for those who have dyspraxia/DCD.
- To help professionals in health and education to assist those with Dyspraxia/DCD.
- To promote awareness and understanding of dyspraxia/DCD.
Each year the Foundation answers approximately 10,000 enquiries and distributes more than 20,000 leaflets about the condition. The Foundation seeks every opportunity to increase understanding of dyspraxia/DCD, particularly among professionals in health and education.
The Foundation is run by fewer than six full-time equivalents paid staff and is supported extensively by volunteers. Its work is funded entirely by voluntary donations and membership subscriptions.
What else do we do?
- Publish leaflets, booklets, books and guides for parents, those who have dyspraxia and professionals.
- Organises conferences and talks about dyspraxia and related topics for parents, carers and professionals.
- Supports a network of local groups across the United Kingdom.
- Supports a group for adults who have dyspraxia/DCD.