Even the basics of everyday life can be a tremendous struggle for people who have Dyspraxia.
If you like this article? Why not share it with your friends…
Daily life hints and tips
Often the simplest and most straightforward ideas will make a difference to their quality of life. Try the following.
- Lay out clothing layer by layer, underwear on top
- Avoid tight neck-holes
- Buy trousers with an elasticated waist – saves fiddling with buttons and zips
- Trousers pleated at the front make identifying ‘the right way round’ easier
- Shirt collars one size larger than fits are easier to fasten
- Baggy t-shirts and shorts are easy and comfy
- Use a flexible straw with a drink to prevent spilling
- Don’t fill cups too full
- Use a damp towel under plates to stop them from moving
- Sit down to eat where possible
- Keep to a daily routine
- Post-It® pads stuck at eye level on doors are useful reminders
- Transparent purses and pencil cases let you see the contents easily
- Keep keys and purses on a long chain which clips to clothing
Members of the Dyspraxia Foundation share their tips for minimising the impact of dyspraxia on daily life through local groups and via our Facebook page.