The Dyspraxia Foundation Professional Journal includes references to current research in each issue under the heading ‘General Sections ‘.
In addition, the Foundation’s Medical Panel has collated the following references which you may find useful. These will be added to periodically.
- Addy L (1996) A multiprofessional approach to the treatment of development coordination disorder. British Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation. 3 (11) 593-9 Norton J and Twentyman H ( 1995)
- Group Therapy for children with coordination problems Association of Paediatric Chartered Physiotherapists 75:32-6 Williams et al (1999)
- The effects of a physiotherapy intervention programme on children with DCD APCP 91: 32 – 40 Glendenning et al( 2003) improving Motor skills and learning skills in dyspraxic children by improving postural base, stability and visual motor control: a pilot study APCP 109: 9 -21 Quigg J (2003)
- Effectiveness of Group work for children with learning disabilities. BJTH 10(1) 29-33 Sugden DA & Chambers Me ( 1998) Intervention approaches and children with DCD Paediatric Rehabilitation 2(4) 139 -47
- College of OT and NAPOT (2003) Children with DCD: Report on a survey of waiting lists and waiting times for OT services for Children with DCD. London College of OTs
- Lee MG & Smith GN ( 1998) The Effectiveness of Physiotherapy for Dyspraxia. Physiotherapy 84(6): 276 – 8 Lee MG & Smith GN (2002)
- Lee MG Co-ordination Difficulties Practical Ways Forward