I am an adult with dyspraxia or I think I may have dyspraxia. Who can my GP refer me to for an assessment?

Many GPs are unfamiliar with dyspraxia. Therefore it is important to take in information with you. Take in a completed checklist with examples of how the indicators of dyspraxia apply to you. The doctor will probably discuss with you an appropriate referral. Dyspraxia affects people differently, therefore it will be appropriate for some to go to a physiotherapist, for others a speech and language therapist, an optometrist or an occupational therapist. However the GP will also discuss why an assessment is appropriate. Usually it is only necessary if you have hit a “glass ceiling” and your dyspraxia is disabling you from living your life in a way that you want to.