Where can I obtain a second opinion on my child’s speech?

The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists holds a register of private practitioners. Independent practitioners list their specialisms. You can visit their website at : www.rcslt.org.uk The Nuffield Speech Clinics held at the Nuffield Hearing and Speech Centre at RNTNE Hospital offer a 2nd opinion NHS service for children with severe speech disorders/verbal dyspraxia , who meet the relevant referral criteria. For further information, see the details at the end of the downloadable fact sheet on developmental verbal dyspraxia on this site.